Pages

Monday, November 18, 2019

depression riots, 1932

depression riots, 1932

23 January 1932 Auckland

21 Queen street 

Dear Mum,
I am so so hungry in this home, iv got no money to get food and the lady at this home is whipping us for no reason. I am doing a job piking up horse poo to ern some money to buy some food and I only get 2 dollars a day. I some times I go to the soup kitchen to get soup. I saw dad marching down the streets with all of our family at the protest march. Every one is luting all of the shops and braking all of the windows at night I am really scared and I can not sleep. I wont to go home.

Love your daughter Xoxo.


Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. I like your story but maybe next time you could use more. Saying capital letters and make the story attended longer.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post